Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Lovebirds be Gone...

Sigh....very big sigh....

After having my lovebirds for some years now and recently made the decision to get rid of them, I never imagined that I would feel this way when they were finally no longer around.  I knew that it had to be a quick clean break because the longer they lingered around the more heartbreaking it would be for me to see them go.

The first few pairs went to a friend and I was okay with that because they were only a few birds and I was still left with almost a hundred.

The end of last week I said goodbye to the rest and as they were being caught out of their flights and cages and packed up to go I felt a lump in my throat and tears well in my eyes. Even as I write this my vision is blurred with the memory  of seeing them disappear for ever.

A part of my life has been packed up and gone and this was only the beginning....












No comments:

Post a Comment