Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Day Two - Crafting

After a day on the river none of us girls were keen to spend the whole day out again so we opted to do some craft work...

NiQi and I took a variety of things to make and having asked Daleen beforehand what colours she likes, we catered for her too.  We decided to start with coasters as they are quick and easy.  NiQi was the 'teacher' as she has not only made some up before, she has first hand knowledge with helping out in the arts and crafts shop.  We used serviettes and initially I wanted to use one with owls on it but try as I might they would not place nicely on the coasters, so then I decided on hydrangeas...another favourite for me.

It didn't take us long to finish them and then we started on a larger project of a decorated chalkboard.  NiQi and I made up all the decorative tiles we used around the edges...a project we did a day or two before we left.  It took a while to place and glue the tiles , then we had to wait for the glue to properly dry before we grouted between them.  Lastly we cleaned the tiles and then glued bits and pieces on to finish them off.  Mine is a lot 'busier' than both NiQi's and Daleen's...but I like it.

The rest of our crafting we did through the rest of the week when we had time...which was quite a bit. Daleen went back to work the following day for the rest of the week so she only had time to work on anything in the evenings after supper.  I made another set of four coasters and then started on a 'welcome' board, which started out as something else and then I changed my mind.  Daleen and NiQi finished their boards, so I have some catching up to do...lol

Having the time to sit all day and work on being creative took me back to some years ago when there were definitely more hours in a day.  I enjoyed it so much though, that I have decided I have to make time...I miss it...it is in my blood...

 NiQi working on her blackboard

 Daleen working on hers




 Before the grouting



 With grouting...



 Finished products...



 Clipping tiles for the next project


 Love, Peace, Hope... 

Daleen's finished wall hanging
 
NiQi's finished wall hanging
 
A tray Daleen was revamping
 
 Starting the coasters

I wanted to use the owls...
 
 ...then decided on the hydrangeas

More coasters...
 
 
My second set of coasters... 

No comments:

Post a Comment