Saturday, May 17, 2014

Last Day - Market Day

Well it's certainly taken me a while to 'relive' our break away, but in a way that is a good thing because it gives me a chance to remember what a great time we had...so this is the last post and it will be short...but I have lots of photos...lol

The one thing I did want to do before leaving Bloemfontein was to go to the Saturday market as I remember how much I enjoyed it last year when we were there and quite frankly it is the best market I have ever been to.  It is well organized, well set out and has a variety of stands - most of which are crafts and home made products and the rest a mix of fresh produce and food stalls.  It is refreshing not to see cheap imported stuff for a change and maybe that is one of the other reasons I enjoy this market so much.

So yes we...and by we I mean Daleen, NiQi and I...did go to the market and I thoroughly enjoyed myself, looking at all the stalls, getting ideas, buying gifts...AND did I have fun looking through all the book tables.  I picked up a few classics, a couple of biographies and a book for Johan - who doesn't read, but I told him he can  look at the pictures - on growing strawberries.  I had lots of careful re-packing to do when I arrived back, but managed with ease in the end.  We definitely arrived home with more than we went and surely that's a good sign of having had a good time...








 Mixed medium - fabrics, knitting and crochet together to make blankets and cushions







 I was fascinated by the street names, which happen to be the same as those in the area we live.  Having these markers makes it easy to locate a stall at a later time if need be...

 By the time we were leaving, stall holders were packing up already



No comments:

Post a Comment