Wednesday, January 22, 2014

One very welcome visitor...

I have so many things I want to blog about but with so much on my mind right now, plus a lack of internet service the last week I have been compelled to make notes and wait till the internet is strong enough to stay on without being kicked off too soon.  It is most frustrating I must say, but something so trivial and small to complain about....

Every day I am looking to find something positive about living here, focusing on things that make me happy... and if anyone that reads this is a friend of mine on Facebook they will have noticed that I am posting every day on the #100happydays page.  So I am going to blog about happy things, things that are just part of our every day life...

One of these is about a visit we had on Saturday evening from a most unusual guest...she arrived unannounced by climbing through the fence quite close to the house and waltzing around as if looking for something she had lost.  The dogs were most disturbed by her presence and as much as they kept running up to her and barking in an annoying way, she pranced around them nonplussed by their cacophony of noise.  I fell in love with her straight away, even though I knew that her stay would be short lived and she would soon be on her way.  Johan was more concerned with her ravenous desire for  all things pretty and growing in the garden and I surmised she arrived thinking she had been invited for a garden party, only realizing much later that she had the wrong address.

We tried to help by making enquiries from all around us, to find out where she should be heading to continue her gourmet festivity, but alas made no headway.  She was by this time quite at home with the wrong address, and bedded down for the night amongst her new found friends, our horses.  She could not stop talking all night long as her slumber party turned into an 'all-nighter' and we heard her bleating views on everything from the weather to delicacies that tickled her taste buds.  At four o'clock the next morning, she greeted the dogs like a loving sibling and followed them all around the house asking for GPS directions so she wouldn't be lost again and at approximately 5.30 am, she bid us all adieu as she once more scrambled through the barbed wire fence on her way.  I shall miss her presence, her openness, her friendliness -  a guest that I wished would have stayed just a little longer....







No comments:

Post a Comment