Wednesday, January 22, 2014

My Mum on the Move

My mum has been on her own since 1995 and although at times she says she has been lonely she leads an extremely busy and active lifestyle.  The lonely times come in the evenings, once the day is done and she closes the door on the setting sun or the night air.  Some years ago she decided that while she is still young enough to enjoy life, spend time with her friends and be as involved as she is with her W.I, Lionesses, Embroiderers Guild, Girl Guides etc etc etc, she would look for a place to settle in her old age.  So it came to pass that she put her name down and became listed at a place quite close to where she is living now.  This suits her as it means that she will still be close to many of her friends and she will be staying in the same area that she has lived for the last almost 44 years.

Last week she had a call to say that a cottage has become available for her to move into sometime in February and she is very excited.   This, after making enquiries late last year to find out where on the list she was now placed and hearing she was No. 4.  On that good news, she decided it was time to start sorting out her two bedroom simplex that she has been living in for almost 19 years, getting rid of the junk and saving her lifetime memories to move over with her.  We are all very happy for her and think it is an excellent time for her to relocate and settle somewhere new.  I only wish that I could be closer to help, but am satisfied in the knowledge that both Sara et famille and Matthew and Jess are all quite capable of helping out.  My only concern is that Matthew's drilling ability for fixing furniture to walls may not be to the standard of his father and for that I wish we were closer, however I may yet be surprized..... At least I know that he has the muscle power for lifting heavy pieces and with his usual quiet and diplomatic manner he will have his Granny's prized possessions moved in two ticks.  Sara is the organizer and I am sure as I type this out, she already has a check list drawn up with things to do and remember and for that I am grateful as her levelheadedness is always needed at an occasion such as this.  She went with my mum on Monday to suss out the cottage, check where power points are, measure the rooms and have a general 'looksy' at the place.  The following photo's are courtesy of her as she whatsapped me later that day so I could see for myself what the cottage looks like.  May my mum have many happy and healthy years of staying pleasure there...










No comments:

Post a Comment