Friday, March 7, 2014

Just A Little More Rain

When we have rain as we have been having the last few days so many memories spring to mind, the first of which would be May holidays in the Yorkshire Dales and staying on the Postlethwaite's farm....walks in the green fields and new born lambs in the springtime.  Then our years in Winterskloof where I remember one year in particular when our children were counting the number of days it rained non stop and when it reached 40 days we all thought about Noah and the Ark, but we knew it wasn't going to flood as it had done then.  In all our years of living here I never imagined we would live to experience what we are right now...and it is wonderful.  I am ecstatic to say the least that at last we are having some real rain, rain that must by now be soaking into the parched sandy soil...rain that should help the grazing over that final hurdle before winter sets in.  Winter time this year we are expecting a full house with my sister and her kiddles, our kiddles and my mummy all under one roof...I am so looking forward to that time and my expectation is one of family fun, giggles, silly moments, making more memories...I think I'm going to count the days and start crossing them off the calendar one day at a time.  In the mean time, I pray it keeps on raining this lovely, gorgeous, wet, wet, wet water all over our place so my heart can keep singing the songs that it does when I feel such happiness.










No comments:

Post a Comment