Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Wild Mushrooms

I have to admit that with all the rain that we have been having of late, there have been an abundance and variety of wild mushrooms growing on our plot that I am enjoying looking at.  Every morning I see new ones popping up and poking their heads out from the soil and from day to day I watch the spurt of growth that each of them give from the day before.

Just as my favourite flower is a hydrangea, I love to see mushrooms....not the supermarket type, but the ones that grow wild in the garden.  There is a certain kind of beauty that surrounds them and have you noticed that they only grow when it is wet and the soil is damp...it's as if they have been waiting for those drops of rain to fall on the ground before they decide to make an appearance.  Amazingly I never really noticed many growing where we were in KZN, but here there are plenty around for me to enjoy....just one of the beauties of nature that God created to show us that He is all around us, in everything we see....if we will only take the time to stop and have a good look...





















No comments:

Post a Comment