Saturday, November 2, 2013

Every cloud has a silver lining....

Have you ever had one of those days where something happens and suddenly you burst into tears and then sob your heart out....over the stupidest of things too.  Well that was me yesterday....

My whole week went as unplanned as ever there was a week that could be... I knew what I had to do and yet I just wasn't able to get any of it done.  Not to worry though, as I had plenty of other stuff to do and I planned in my mind that Friday would be the day to rush around and get my list sorted.  Hah, that was until late Wednesday!  I had a call from the company that supplies NiQi's oxygen asking if they could send a nurse to check on NiQi and see how she is doing.  Well it had to be Friday didn't it, and in cases like this you don't argue do you!!!!  Anyhow I guess I was hoping that they would arrive early morning and then I would still have time to dash out and get everything done.  So after breakfast, I washed dishes and waited...folded washing and waited...hung more washing and checked my phone in case I had missed a call from them, and waited....sent some e-mails and waited.  By now it was lunch time,  so I made NiQi and I lunch and waited....read a document Johan sent me, sent him my comments back and waited.  By now it was late afternoon and it was quite obvious they weren't coming.  I walked outside to start with my usual routine and straight away saw the puppies having a three way tug of war with something big and black.  I just knew it was my pair of longs that had been on the line drying, even before reaching them.  Yip, it was and I am now the proud owner of one unsalvageable pair of black corduroy longs.  Well after already having waited all day for the nurse to arrive and not being able to get anything on my Friday list done, I burst into tears and on picking them up to survey the damage, just sobbed and sobbed.  Silly I know, it's just a pair of longs, but to me it was everything....everything that I work so hard for and sacrifice so much for, gone in a playful game of tug of war.  I don't spend a lot of money on clothes for me as I don't need to have an extensive wardrobe, but every now and then you need to have something smart to wear, and this was one of those.  As I said to Niqi, it's not like I have 10 others hanging up in my wardrobe - meaning I wouldn't miss 'one', so in fact because I have so few, I will miss them.  Besides all this, I bought them with a voucher Sara gave me for my birthday....so they are practically brand new.

As I titled this, 'every cloud has a silver lining', this is true of this story.   This afternoon NiQi arrived home with a surprise for me....she went on a shopping spree and bought me 2 pairs of summer longs, 5 tops and a pair of flops....totally unnecessary and unexpected, but this is how selfless she is.  After witnessing my 'over the top' distress yesterday, she went today and with the kind generous heart that she has, spent all her money on me....

No comments:

Post a Comment