Friday, November 29, 2013

More Horse Shenanigans

Earlier today I had to perform a rescue mission with Zorro.

I was sitting inside when I suddenly heard Navajo making a lot of noise and looked outside to see what was going on.  He was on one side of the fence, leaning over and nuzzling Zorro and looked like he was trying to help him with something.  I noticed Zorro wasn't moving and had his left leg in the air...which can only mean trouble...

I raced outside, grabbing what I thought were the wire cutters and upon reflection discovered they were the secateurs...haha  Arriving at the fence I looked and realized that his shoe was hooked with the second bottom strand of wire, between the shoe and hoof.  I managed to release the wire and then he put his leg down between the strands of wire...sigh.

Standing with my left foot pushing down on the bottom two strands and my right foot pushing - with a lot more effort I might add - on the third strand, and with them stretched as far apart as I could get them, I then lifted the top strands up with my left hand and leaned in as close as I could to try and lift his leg up...sjoe where is anyone when you need them hey...

Needless to say I couldn't do it cos his leg is too flippin' heavy!!!!!   No problem, way in the distance I saw the dogs playing, or chasing something...not too sure which...lol.  I called to them and being the well disciplined dogs that they are, haha, they came running.  Once Zorro noticed them in his space, he turned to look at them and lifted his leg away.

Lolloping off as if nothing had happened he went to find the water bucket, while Navajo on seeing that Zorro was rescued, ran off to find Switch to tell her what a hero he was having saved Zorro.  Isn't it strange that as much as they fight each other when together, he was as that moment, standing on the other side of the fence trying to set him free.

Sorry no photo's...couldn't take any 'selfies' of my rescue mission....

No comments:

Post a Comment