Saturday, October 5, 2013

Saturday....

Saturday shopping and I are not close friends and yet in this last month I have found myself doing it on a fairly regular basis.  I think the whole of Gauteng goes to shop where I am... it doesn't matter whether it's early morning or close to lunch time, but there are always crowds of people....and it doesn't matter what day of the week it is because there is always a group of traffic officers sitting in the same spot, homeward bound on the R101, but on a Saturday they are on both sides of the road in 3 or 4 different locations.  It's almost as if they think that every Saturday people drive more idiotically than any other day of the week, but let there be an accident and there are no traffic officers to be found!!!!

So today I was last on the list to be able to use the car...lol... but that's ok, because I then got to use it the longest.  For some reason I had to go to the banks and on a scale of one to ten, I rank bank service as
 'S-L-O-W-W-W-E-R' than anywhere else.  The queue's never go out the door do they, but they snake all over the place and have you ever noticed that even though there are signs all over the bank that cell phones shouldn't be used, there is always at least one person who doesn't understand 'sign' language....then everyone listens to their conversation until the security guard sidles up next to them and tells them very politely to turn their phone off.

The supermarket was last on my list and knowing how busy the tellers would be, I walked in and grabbed a basket, having made a mental note that if I kept my purchases to just what I needed, then I could make a turn to the 10 items or less till...rats I ended up with 11 items so walked up and down looking for the shortest queue and then stood waiting my turn.  I'm always unsure about the 10 items or less till, as it is quite unclear whether you can have more than one of the same thing...eg, two lettuces, but they count as one item...hehe.  Just to be safe, and so I don't have anyone complaining at me, I count them as 2...but I don't know that everyone does.

Once home and after feeding my babies...which were neglected while I was gone, I decided that seeing as it's the weekend, I will forgo our no dvd ban during the day and put in 'Salmon Fishing in Yemen'....a really good movie with Emily Blunt and Ewan McGregor.  If you haven't seen it I highly recommend it...do watch.

Then it was off to our Community Policing Forum meeting, which Johan had promised he would make short and sweet due to the rugby starting at 5pm... he kept his word and now he has set a precedent for future meetings...hehe

While the rugby was on I read my book and was entertained by Johan's enthralling moves...lol
He is a treat to watch and far more entertaining than any game being played.  I remember once, in his excitement, he jumped up and flopped down in his chair again and the force broke the chair...that was highly amusing...  sadly the 'bokke' lost, but I guess you can't win them all.

So it was chilled here today....it;s Johan's birthday tomorrow, so we will braai after church...his favourite type of food...

No comments:

Post a Comment