Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Dogs and Cats

I have written once before about the on/off, hot/cold relationship between our dogs and cats and this morning I was sorely tested...

Sitting eating breakfast I heard the well known bark to which my ears have become atuned, indicating there is a cat in a tree!!!

When I hear that particular bark there is a need to run because as you know, Purdy can climb trees.  As it turned out more haste was necessary than at other times as I saw Rolo in the spindly little thorn tree growing next to the big jacaranda outside the back door.

She was crying, hissing and trying to scratch at 4 dogs who were jumping up at her and very nearly reaching her. Oh boy it turned into a screaming cacophony of noise from me with no one listening at all. I grabbed Purdy as she is the 'dangerous' one and turned to take her inside.  Suddenly the 3 little ones turned on Purdy in my arms and I ended up being nipped by Molly on my undearm....Eventually with the help of the leads, which I grabbed once Purdy was inside, I managed to get the rest of the dogs inside.

I left Rolo to make her own way down and I hope she has learned a lesson from all this.....

No comments:

Post a Comment