Tuesday, December 24, 2013

NiQi is Home

NiQi is home in time for Christmas and the atmosphere at Larkwood is euphoric.  It is the first time in many years that I feel we can celebrate Christmas with happiness and no fear that it may be our last together as a family.  I know that we cannot predict life, but certainly circumstances tend to add or detract from our moods.  I am hopeful that next year this time we will have much more to be happy about, but for now life is just dandy.

I fetched NiQi just before midday yesterday and it was so good to see her and to see her well.  It is amazing how God has taken her in the palm of His hand and carried her over some rough terrain, now placing her in a place of peace and calm.  I quote from her newsletter which she typed out this morning..."My Christmas present to myself is a whopping 3 kg gain in weight...I now weigh 55 kg, AND an increase in my lung function of 4% which means it is now 35%.  I have not weighed so much in about 6 years and I think my lung function was last this good in about 2008."  This is truly good news for us as a family and more so for NiQi who radiates happiness at the moment.

When I fetched her she seemed to bring home more than when she was admitted 2 weeks ago...the containers that were packed with food were empty, but her case was filled with her next month's medication, which made it really heavy.  I am so glad that it has wheels and I didn't have to pick it up and lug it around from the 9th floor down to the 3rd floor where I had parked.  The hospital was quiet for a change as many patients have been discharged to spend time with family and friends.  This is going to be a Christmas made of memories for sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment