Sunday, December 15, 2013

No Time

While chatting to Jess this morning via whatsapp; we were swopping woeful tales about time flying and there always being so much to do. Thinking about it afterwards, reminded me of a poem I read many years ago called 'No Time' by Garnet Chaney. The poem has religious connotations which is probably what struck me when I first read it but if you apply the same principals to life then you have something to think about.

We live in an age where life is so rushed and few people really connect anymore. The most time you spend with anyone, usually happens to be work colleagues and not your spouse, children or other family members. We have to invest in relationships these days...make an effort...because if we don't, then relationships are doomed to fail.

I remember when my younger brother was killed in a motor accident in 1986, I was most sorry that I hadn't taken the time to know him better. So too when my dad passed away in 2005, I wish when I heard about his first heart attack that I had heeded my gut feeling and gone down to see him.  Instead I listened to him telling me not to worry and then a couple of weeks later he was gone.

The Bible tells us that what you sow, So shall you reap...in other words what you put into something, you will get out. Whether it be relationships or work or whatever, invest your time and effort and you will gain back. So it stands to reason that if something or someone is important enough to you, then you will make time for it or them. It is so easy to say you are busy...life is hectic...you don't have time, but next time you hear yourself saying that to someone...do a double take and ask yourself how much it is worth to you...you may just change your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment