Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year's Resolutions

Never being one to make New Year's resolutions I do find myself at the beginning of each year wondering what the coming days and months hold for me...I also tend to look at my life realistically and think about what I would like to achieve or change, because as with most people I am weak willed and by the end of the first week into a new year, I would already have cheated on a diet, skipped washing the dishes one night before going to bed or even not made the bed at all one day...lol

I can make a wish list or a bucket list at any time and it certainly doesn't have to be at the start of a new year, but I know that any one of those things are likely not to be achieved in the foreseeable future...so instead I assess my life as it is and set myself goals that I think are 'doable'...

This is my list for 2014 that God willing, I am hopeful of achieving:-

1. Read more....
2. Sleep more...
3. Wake and get up later than 4 am...
4. Speak to Matthew and Jess more instead of texting and whatsapping...
5. Continue to phone my mum every week...
6. Contact my brother (Simon) more regularly...
7. Contact my sister (Sara) more regularly...
8. Write letters, at least one a week and post them
9. Make more handmade gifts....timeously... 
10. Start sewing again...
11. Bake more...
12. Spend more time on fundraising for NiQi's fund
13.Write a short story...
14. Start a travel blog...
15. Be more kind, patient, gracious, show self control, humble...

I think that's all I can handle for now and these may seem simple things to some but to me they are definitely going to be a challenge....






No comments:

Post a Comment