Thursday, December 5, 2013

Nelson Mandela

This morning I woke to the devastating news that our beloved Tata Madiba, Nelson Rohihlahla Mandela, has at last been set free....and I cried.  I cried for a person who for many years I have held in high regard, a man who gave much of his life to helping others and changing a nation.

I am sure there are many who go through life wishing they could meet someone famous, whether it be a film star like Julia Roberts or a music icon like Celine Dion...for me there were two people I would have loved to meet in my life time, both of whom have now passed away. The first was Princess Diana and the second Nelson Mandela...remarkable people that I will never forget.

So much has been written in the last 6/7 months about Mandela since he was last admitted to hospital. There has also been much speculation about what has really been going on in this time and I think that today when we live in a world of lies and deceit, there are many questions that will remain unanswered...statements that have been made that don't ring true to the situation.  Whatever, it doesn't really matter...what I will remember is a gentleman who made a difference in an angry and prejudiced nation of people and my prayer is that his legacy will live on in the minds of many and that they too will continue with what he started.

RIP Tata....you will be missed








No comments:

Post a Comment