Sunday, December 22, 2013

Two Weeks Old Today

Switch's foal is two weeks old today......my but the time has flown.  It has been interesting to watch how he has developed in this time and to see how quickly he is learning new things.  Switch is still very protective over him and will often come and position herself between us and him but he is becoming more adventurous and I have noticed that he may go off on his own for a bit before bouncing back to mummy.  She appears to have sufficient milk supply for him and he often nudges her to have a drink before flopping down and having a sleep.  By the fifth day he was already joining her for mealtimes and now shares in eating her food.  I even caught him with some grass in his mouth yesterday so he really seems to be catching on quickly.  It will be super when NiQi comes home so she can spend more time with him and get the halter on him.  I have tried and I know she was hoping that by now I would have it on him but we need to work as a partnership in that...one distracting Switch while the other manages to have enough time with him to keep him still.  We are still waiting to hear from Belinda as to what they are going to call him and yesterday evening when she was here I reminded her that he needs a name...they have hit a blank it appears, so I have sent through some suggestions from NiQi...maybe they will choose one of them or they will be inspired to think of something else.





No comments:

Post a Comment