Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Earth Tremor or Helicopter?

Monday evening we were all in the lounge, NiQi and I watching the final episode of The Amazing Race and Johan working on his laptop, catching up on his e-mails.

Suddenly we all looked at each other as we heard to a strange noise that seemed to be coming from outside.  Me, hearing helicopters fly over our place on a regular basis, thought it was just that. The noise got louder and then started to disappear which made me more sure that it was a helicopter and I jumped up, unlocked the front security gate and went outside to look.  By this time the noise had almost gone and needless to say I didn't see anything at all but when I came back inside the house, both Johan and NiQi were certain they felt rumblings.

 It turns out that we had a tremor which measured 4 on the Richter scale.  I seriously did not feel anything and I cannot understand why not because everyone else from Settlers to the north of us, right through to parts of Johannesburg, felt it.  Maybe it was because I was concentrating on the noise and wondering where that was coming from, that I didn't feel it, but anyway it was one weird night and we are wondering if there may be any more to come....

News24.com had a report on it yesterday which was most interesting....

No comments:

Post a Comment