Friday, December 20, 2013

Purdy girl has hurt herself

As I was posting my previous blog, I heard yelping outside and knew that one of the dogs had done something to hurt themselves.  Rushing outside as quickly as was able, I saw the puppies and Purdy all running towards the house, with Purdy limping.  Not being too perturbed by the scene I waited for them to come into the kitchen before examining Purdy's leg, which by the way, she often hurts.  She could be playing, or climbing through the fence, climbing a tree or chasing the horses, it really makes no difference, but she often hurts her right front leg and comes to us limping.

However, as I bent to examine it and to check there was no huge damage to it, I noticed that she has a huge gash in her side.  Ooh, it's nasty...  Anyway, having a vast array of medical supplies on hand I grabbed the D-Germ and Germolene from the bathroom and poured as much of the D-Germ into the wound as I could.  Poor girl, I knew it would sting, but I had to get as much in and around it as possible to try and get it clean, then I lathered on a layer of Germolene and have just given her a half disprin.  I will have to watch it and her to see how she does and if necessary take her through to our vet.





No comments:

Post a Comment